Breast Cancer Stages
Knowing the breast cancer stages can help a woman and her doctor discuss the
possible outcomes and treatment options.
and the stages of breast cancer are a guide to assist in the breast cancer journey, that you or one of your family or friends, may go through.
Axillary lymph nodes and breast tissue, can be used to find the type of breast cancer, grade and stage of breast cancer, relating to your tumor. The size of your breast lump and knowing if cancer cells have spread in to the lymph nodes, or anywhere else, helps to determine what stage you are at.
Stages Of Breast Cancer - 0
- Breast Cancer is contained.
- Non invasive type of breast cancer.
- No evidence of cells leaving the area to invade normal tissue.
Stages Of Breast Cancer - I
- Breast lump tumor is less than 2 cm.
- It is not in the lymph nodes.
- The cancer has not spread.
With early detection of breast cancer, survival is almost 100% if breast lumps are discovered early.
Stages Of Breast Cancer - II
- Breast lump tumor is between 2-5cm. Cancer cells may or may not have spread into the axillary lymph nodes.
- Breast tumor is more than 5 cm but has not spread to lymph nodes in the armpit.
- Tumor is less than 2cm but has spread into armpit lymph nodes.
- No breast tumor is found but cancer is in the axillary lymph nodes
Stages of Breast Cancer - III
- Tumor is larger than 5cm and cancer cells have spread into axillary lymph nodes, but they are not stuck together.
- Breast lump tumor is less than 5cm, cancer has spread into the lymph nodes and growing into each other or other tissue.
- Tumor smaller than 5cm but cancer has spread into the skin of the breast, chest wall or mammary lymph nodes.
Stages Of Breast Cancer - IV
Of the breast cancer stages, this is the most advanced stage where the cancer has spread beyond the breast and immediate lymph nodes, in to other parts of the body.
Moral Of The Story
The moral of the story is, check your breasts by doing regular breast self exam, so you can find a breast lump earlier. This can hugely increase options available to you. Why would you wait to find your breast lump when it is larger, and therefore reduce choices you can make. It is time to take action, to take responsibility, to take charge of your breast health by doing a regular breast exam.
Encourage all the women you know to to
listen and learn
all they can. Hopefully you and your friends will not be one of the unlucky women who finds out she has one of the types of breast cancer....that she may have been able to find sooner, if only she had done a breast exam.
Click for Breast Cream information
Leave Breast Cancer Stages Return To The Not So Useless Facts
Breast Cancer Detection Home